The long awaited day for the premiere of Married at First Sight Season 2 arrived…and it did not disappoint! A&E’s Married at First Sight is a modern day social experiment on arranged marriage. Four experts use a scientific approach to match 3 couples, who meet at the altar and marry for 6 weeks. Then they must decide if they will commit beyond the social experiment. On Season 1, two of the three couples have remained married.
Things I love about Married at First Sight and reasons you do not want to miss this show:
- Keeps you on the edge of your seat for literally two hours straight
- Free love and relationship advice from experts
- Matches are relatable in so many ways, both individually and collectively
- Feeds the addiction for social experiment, reality show junkies. Seriously
- Tools to use in your own marriage/relationship. Yes, it’s true
- Authentic and real. Did I mention authentic and real?
- No predictable outcome
Thoughts on the Season 2 matches
- Ryan R. is a 28 year old real estate agent
- Jaclyn is a 30 year old sales rep
I think Ryan and Jaclyn are a good match because they are both mature and established in their jobs and lives to commit to another person. They have come into this with an open mind and an open heart and believe in the forever “Notebook” kind of love. I’m hopeful that Jaclyn will look beyond her first impression and see what is deep inside.
- Sean is a 35 year old ER/trauma nurse
- Davina is a 34 year old biopharmaceutical sales rep
I believe Sean and Davina have what it takes to make a marriage work because they compliment one another so well, like ying and yang. They relate on many issues that have molded who they are now and they both have parents that are skeptical. Those obstacles could drive a wedge or bring them closer. I’m going with closer.
- Ryan D. is a 29 year old business owner
- Jessica is a 30 year old receptionist